Laundry Lineup recognises the importance of protecting your privacy and abides by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the (amended) Privacy Act 1988.
When we refer to our ‘website’, we are referring to the Laundry Lineup website on any device and social media sites; emails we send; Laundry Lineup apps; competitions we run; and any new technology we implement on any of these platforms.
What information do we collect?
Because we strive to provide our website users with personalised services showing the information most relevant to them, from time to time we request and store some private information about you. We will only use that information in accordance with this policy.
We collect and hold information about you when you access and use our services through our website. The types of information we keep on record will depend on the type of product or service requested by you.
We may keep a record of the following types of information about you:
- Personal information that you give us when you use the website, such as your name, email address, address, postcode and industry vertical
- If you provide them to us, the name and quantity of the items you currently use
- Pages of the website that you have visited; Your IP address for your interaction with various parts of our website. Your IP address is the identifier for your computer when you are using the internet
- Other information voluntarily provided by you
- Any other information we need to enable us to deliver services to you.
We do not seek to collect sensitive information, unless it is necessary or our business purposes. If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
During our dealings with you, we may gather information about you relating to all products and services that we or our business partners provide to you. This information is used to help us decide how we can improve our service delivery to you, or to provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you.
Your web browser may automatically accept cookies and local storage on your computer.
Laundry Lineup also works with selected third parties in providing you services that we think may be of interest to you. Laundry Lineup may attach a cookie to your browser during your visit to our websites. These cookies may be used to provide relevant advertising to you by us or third parties, or to determine what marketing or advertising is delivered to you on our website and on other sites, or to determine your device type and settings to provide you with tailored services. Analytics cookies may also be used to collect information about your use of our website (visitation data) that allow our third-party website analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics) to help us analyse trends and understand our website users’ behaviour patterns in the aggregate.
Information collected by the Google Analytics cookie is transmitted to, and stored by, Google in accordance with its privacy practices. To opt out of Google Analytics, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/ gaoptout.
You can visit this page to opt out of targeted advertising if the advertiser is a member of NAI.
You can usually modify your settings to decline cookies and/or local storage if you wish. Note that if you do that, this might stop you from being able to use all the services on our website. It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, disable local storage or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your preferences. You need not give us any of the personal information that we may request. However, without that information, we may not be able to fulfil your request or provide you with the services you want.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- respond to your requests and directions;
- provide products and services to you and, where possible, to provide information customised for you;
- administer competitions, and provide competition prizes improve our website, products and services;
- contact you from time to time by telephone or email about new products, services or offers;
- update you about what we’re doing that you may find of interest;
- deal with complaints or issues you may have in relation to our services;
- review your dealings with us, including the products and services you use, your potential needs, and new products that might be of interest to you or other customers;
- maintain our internal records, such as billing;
- ensure our internal business operations are running smoothly which may include fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing;
- help preserve the personal safety and security of our customers, website users, staff and the public; and
- provide you with relevant and timely advertising.
We also use information we collect to help us decide how we can improve our service delivery to you, or to provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you. If you have provided us with your email address and subscribed to receive notification to review your pricing in twelve months, we may send you information from time to time that we think is relevant to you and your interests.
Information collected by cookies or tracking tags on our website may be disclosed in a non- identified or aggregated format to third parties including website analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics), data management platform operators, advertisers, referral partners and media agencies. We do not share your personal information with our partners unless it is required for the provision of a particular website service, and we have disclosed this to you and you have consented.
Where we share your personal information
We must get your consent before we disclose your personal information. You can give us your consent expressly or it may be implied by your conduct.
We may publish the names of competition winners as set out in the terms and conditions of the relevant competition.
By using our services, you are deemed to have consented to our use, disclosure and other matters in relation to your personal information, as set out in this policy.
We may share your personal information:
- to any organisation which you request us to, including a financial institution, financial adviser, service provider, product specialist, broker, solicitor, or accountant
- to the cloud, as part of our normal business operations (e.g. backing up our systems, operating a third party app on our website);
- to our external service providers such as IT service providers (e.g. a provider of web hosting services). Some of these may be located overseas. Laundry Lineup may store your personal information on servers in overseas web hosting facilities;
- to our related companies and other organisations where reasonable to do so in relation to the operation of our business; to protect and defend our rights or property;
- if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
- to contractors providing licensed collections services, credit card payment processing and CRM services, who comply with our privacy and security policies;
- if we sell our business or part of it;
- in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of our customers, website users, staff or the public;
- to law enforcement, regulatory and government bodies, government agencies and courts, if we are required by law to do so.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How do we store personal information?
Data used and stored by Laundry Lineup is mostly hosted in Australia. From time to time Laundry Lineup may store (disclose) your personal information on servers in overseas web hosting facilities.
The Australian Privacy Principles require that we take reasonable steps, dependent on the circumstances of that personal information, to ensure that the overseas service provider to whom personal information is disclosed does not breach Australian privacy laws (the “Requirement”).
When you provide us with your personal information you consent to the disclosure of your information to an overseas provider. Your consent to this disclosure means that the R equirement does not apply and Laundry Lineup will not be held accountable under the Privacy Act for any breaches of the Privacy Act by the overseas provider.
Where commercially feasible, Laundry Lineup will contract with hosting providers using services in Australia, or who agree to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Amendment of this policy
If you do not wish to receive information about our products and services then please tell us. You can do this at any time by writing to us or telephoning us at the contact details listed below.
Access to your information
You can request access at any time to personal information we hold about you by using the contact details below. We will process your request within a reasonable time, usually 1 4 days for a straightforward request. More time may be needed, depending on the nature of the request. There is no fee for requesting access to your information; however, we may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request. Sometimes we are not required to provide you with access – for example, if the law says we can deny access. If we refuse you access to your personal information, we will tell you the reason why.
Correction of information
We try to ensure that all information we hold about you which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You must promptly notify us if there are any changes to your personal information. You may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us about you, which you believe is incorrect or out of date. We will deal with your request within a reasonable time.
In this policy, reference to “ we/us ” means LAUNDRY LINE UP A.C.N. 140 098 504
Contact Details and Complaints
By telephone: 1300 Lineup (1300 546 387) 9am – 5pm on business days in Melbourne, VIC.
By email: [email protected]
We will try to answer any questions you may have, correct any error on our part or resolve any complaint that you may have about our information handling practices. If we do not resolve a complaint to your satisfaction, you also have the right to complain to the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner, Tel: 1300 363 992 or email: [email protected]